How to Improve Your Team’s Culture15 Apr 2022, Posted by Blog in
As a manager, part of your job is to create an attractive team culture. This increases employee engagement, productivity, and retention. It also decreases recruitment, onboarding, and training costs. All of these elements contribute to your company’s bottom line.
You may be looking for ideas to help create an attractive team culture. If so, the following suggestions might interest you.
Discover five ways you can start to improve your team culture today.
Create a Vision
Get your team focused on a collective effort. Having a compelling purpose is a key part of creating a collaborative team.
- Emphasis on a common goal increases each team member’s desire to belong and contribute.
- Feelings of purpose lead to continued growth and productivity.
- Show how your team will attain their collective goal.
- Demonstrate how each team member’s efforts contribute to the big picture.
- Continually reinforce your team’s vision to promote a sense of purpose.
Schedule weekly team meetings. Promote open communication about questions, issues, and concerns.
- Regular meetings build rapport and encourage productivity among your team.
- Share the meeting agenda well in advance so your team members can prepare and contribute.
- Clarify each team member’s role, such as leader, timekeeper, or note taker.
- Focus on building relationships while discussing problems and developing solutions.
Get to know your team members. Talk about what matters most to them.
- Plan time to eat lunch together.
- Discuss your shared interests.
- Uncover each team member’s strengths, weaknesses, and skill development.
- Learn what motivates each team member to perform their best.
- Use what you learn to continuously improve your team’s performance.
Give each team member constructive feedback in real-time. This promotes a culture of continuous improvement.
- Deliver your feedback as an informal part of a conversation.
- Clarify what your team member is doing well, what they can improve on, and specific steps to perform better.
- Listen to what your team member has to say about the issue.
- Show that you support your team in performing their best.
- The more your team trusts you, the more likely they are to follow your suggestions.
Emphasize leadership development among your team. This helps your team members move up within the organization.
- Clearly communicate with your team members so they are on the same page with company and team issues.
- Offer flexibility for your team to finish their work in ways that are most effective for them.
- Demonstrate how to give and receive constructive feedback in a manner that improves performance.
- Reinforce the fact that all members have skills that benefit the team and company.
Looking for Staffing Solutions?
Zing Professional has the professionals you need to reach your business objectives. Contact us to learn more today.